Our Lady’s Choral Society (OLCS) was founded in Dublin in 1945, after the Dublin Archdiocese brought together the best singers from all the church choirs of Dublin for a performance of Handel’s Messiah. Today OLCS welcomes members from all religions and walks of life. The 120 choristers chosen for membership are united by a passion for singing great choral music at a professional level. The eminent Irish conductor Proinnsías Ó Duinn has been responsible for the choir’s musical development since 1979. Under his direction, OLCS has undertaken many ambitious works, from Charpentier to Stravinsky. It has also premièred works by luminary Irish composers, such as John Kinsella and Seoirse Bodley. OLCS appears regularly at the National Concert Hall, accompanied by the National Sinfonia, the RTÉ Concert Orchestra and the National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland.